SWEET POTATO BROWNIES
This recipe is always a fave when I make it on retreats! Soft, gooey and guilt-free. What more could you want in a dessert.
They can also be kept in the freezer and are great to have on hand for an afternoon snack, post-yoga energy boost, or even as a quick treat for kid’s lunchboxes.
- 220g Sweet Potato (cooked and mashed)
- 140g Almond Butter
- 50g Cacao Powder
- 140g Coconut Sugar
- 50g Gluten Free Flour (I used oat)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Paste
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Make sure the sweet potato is mashed well, then mix in all other ingredients except the chocolate chips.
- Fold through the chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into the baking tray and smooth with a spatula. You can press some extra chocolate chips on top if you like. Bake at 170°C for 30-40 minutes, until the edges look slightly crispy. You can slick a knife in the centre to check if they’re done – it should be clean, not gooey when you pull it out.
- Let them chill before cutting into slices. You can serve immediately, or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. They will also keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.